Parent Advisory Council
Thompson Parent Advisory Council
A message from our Thompson PAC
What is the PAC?
Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is a committee made up of parents, who are committed to the education and well being of the children in our school. We work closely with the administration and staff to provide education enrichment opportunities for our students. Any parent or guardian of a Thompson student is a PAC member and is welcome to attend any PAC meeting.
- Supports educational opportunities for students
- Facilitates communication between school and home
- Advises the administrative team of parent concerns and parent views on school programs, policies and activities
- Subsidizes field trips and funds fine arts performances
- Provides the hot lunch program
- Through fundraising, supports a learning enhancement list that supplements purchases directly benefiting all students e.g. fine arts workshops
What can you expect at a PAC meeting?
- Learn more about our school and our education system
- A chance to meet and network with other parents from the school
- Reports from our Principal
- Parent education speakers (at some meetings)
- The opportunity to give feedback on how PAC funds are spent
- PAC meetings are once a month, 7 times per year for 1-2 hours