Our Inquiry Question for the 2019/20 School Year:
Inquiry - Can a culture of thinking be created and/or enhanced by teachers and students putting forth an effort to make thinking more visible?
Below you will see some examples of action taken by Thompson staff to bring to life our inquiry as well as some evidence that exemplifies the impact the students had towards their learning.
• Staff input onto a Padlet showing ways that they have made both their instruction more visible, and how they are getting their students to make their thinking more visible.
• Each classoom teacher has provided insight and an example of how they have used strategies from the book Making Thinking Visible to enhance the learning in their class.
Our Inquiry Question for 2018/19 School year: Can the application of growth mindset language and approaches, combined with an increased emphasis on metacognition (via the use of ePortfolio) positively impact student attitudes towards their learning?
• Information via school Newsletter to parents about our inquiry titled "We're on a learninmg journey together";
• Mr. Stokes and three of his students shared (at an Education Committee Meeting to SBO Board members and representatives) what they learned while participating in this inquiry;
2017/18 - Social Responsibility and Mindfulness
• K/1 Thanksgiving Feast
• Humans of Thompson Portfolio collage
• K/1"Building Community" inquiry and having a Growth Mindset and "Gratitude Attitude",